More information about
Sa'Moana Beach Bungalows!
We really are a very special, remote, unique hideaway hotel for beach and nature lovers. Our pool is totally iconic in this part of the World and we have fantastic snorkelling (we think the best in Upolu!). We know we aren't suitable for everyone's tastes and needs though and we want all of our guests to be happy with their choice and enjoy their stay with us.
Below is more information about the hotel as we want you to make an informed decision when traveling to this beautiful part of the World and choosing your accommodation - :
1. We do not offer a free airport shuttle service - taxi's are super easy and cheap from the airport and we recommend you pre book car rental before you get to Samoa so you have transport and freedom to move around the island at your own pace. We do not recommend that you use the on-island transfer services offered via a travel agent as other guests have given some negative feedback about not being picked up, slow service and super expensive. Taxis are easy to organise ahead of arrival with a local driver from our village and they can be waiting in the airport with a name sign - its $120 WST each way and you pay the driver direct - send us an email and pre arrange - no worries!
2. Our location is hidden away, remote and off the grid. We are perched right on the ocean with a jungle back drop. We are 6km from the nearest store and the main road.
3. The road to our resort is a sandy beach road that is bumpy in parts. At the moment it is not tar sealed. It takes about 20 minutes to navigate and we recommend you rent a 4 wheel drive to make general traveling around the island more comfortable.
5. Our menu is focused on locally sourced, fresh, produce from the plantations, market and local fishing charters, we only use a limited number of imported products. We have a mostly fish, local beef and vegetable based menu with heaps of variety including chicken skewers and a varied kids menu. We do not offer meal or all-inclusive packages. A generous mixed buffet breakfast is included with our bungalows
6. Although we do not have nightly entertainment or live music shows, we can recommend Island Fia Fia shows that are held at other resorts on various nights that include traditional Samoan dancing and a fires show. Our candle lit dinner service is against some background music and the Ocean waves. Guests are usually in bed by 10pm or chilling on their decks spending time with their friends and family. It's the perfect place to reconnect. We are a quiet, laid back place with a very chilled vibe and lots of peaceful spots to hang out.
7. We are the perfect place to switch off and reconnect with your friends and family as do not have WIFI or have TV's in the room. There are board games and a pool table in the main building and we have a fitness studio.
8. There is no air-conditioning in the bungalows - we have ceiling fans and stand up fans and of course an ocean breeze.
9. We have a no plastic policy. Plastic bags have now THANKFULLY been BANNED in Samoa!
You cannot buy plastic water bottles at Sa'Moana or get takeaway food in styro-foam containers. We offer cold, filtered water for free, available from the bar all day.
10.We do have a Day Guest Policy. People can not simply wander into the resort, bring their own food and drink and use the facilities. It keeps the resort clean and our beach litter free. We also respect that other guests have paid to enjoy the beauty of our hotel and the pool. Day guests have to abide by the minimum spend policy and guidelines but are more than welcome to come and visit for the day and enjoy the restaurant, bar, beach and pool. It is $25 WST per person minimum spend to use our facilities which can be used in the bar & restaurant.
11. Our pool is natural Ocean water - no chlorine. It is emptied and cleaned weekly. It often has small crabs crawling around the lava rock on the outside of the pool into the Ocean and occasionally has the waves crashing over it on a king tide. It is a beautiful spot but not for everyone who may want a more classic resort pool!
13.We are no longer a surf resort and do not run surf tours, have surf guides or have boats or surf based meal packages. We can help you with recommendations and give you the details of Neil at Manoa Tours Samoa who takes his boat from Coconuts Resort every day.
12. We are not a 5 star resort and do not offer a turn down service, 24 hour room menu or concierge service. We are a unique, rustic, boutique hotel with a small team of friendly local Samoans there to help make your stay in Samoa a memorable one. We can help you plan your days, give you heaps of recommendations and serve you some great food and amazing island cocktails.
Enjoy your stay!
Fa'afetai tele lava!