SA'MOANA BEACH BUNGALOWS
We are a very easy going and laid back establishment as we are a small hotel and want our guests to relax and switch off and have a great time whilst staying with us.
Here are our policies - there aren't too many but they are strict and we want to ensure you are aware of these at the time of booking. We highly recommend you take out full travel insurance for your holiday to Samoa.
Samoa is a beautiful place but very much open to the elements so extra care is needed on the beaches, at the waterfalls, viewing points and various tourist sites around the island as they are all affected by current weather conditions, with little warning signs and no life-guards or safety ropes / railings at most spots.. Roads are bumpy, some are pot-holed and can be precarious so a 4-wheel drive is highly recommended as car hire is essential to see the whole island and all of its beautiful places.
As you have probably read on reviews, the road to the resort is not great, it takes about 20 minutes on your first drive as it is a slow beach road with some holes, but well worth the drive and it gets easier each time! Please take time to plan your trip, book the right car and ask us any questions before making your booking. Taxi's are also plentiful at the airport on arrival and it takes about 45 minutes to get to us and costs approx. $120 Tala.
1. Our bungalows are all different sizes and each has a maximum occupancy - we cannot allow over crowding or sharing of beds. Additional beds may be available depending on the bungalow at a surcharge per night.
2. We welcome families and are very family orientated. The market we cater for is active families looking for adventure and who love the outdoors and want to be right on the Ocean. We do not offer kids club activities, baby sitting services, or a kids swimming pool . We do have baby cots and high chairs available and host many families with children from all age ranges.
3. Day guest policy. We love having guests come and use the facilities for the day, try the paddle boards and kayaks, use the pool and enjoy the restaurant. The minimum spend policy per guest (including children) is $25 WST per head. This is not a day charge - it is a minimum spend requirement - which is pretty easy to cover if you spend the day, have lunch and a few ice cold beverages or smoothies. Please register at the bar before you enter the resort. You can also call ahead 7672843 to book a table in the restaurant for lunch.
4. Guests are not permitted to bring their own food and drink into the resort. Food and drink purchased from our bar and restaurant can be consumed anywhere in the resort. Please do not be offended if staff ask you not to bring in your own food and drink, especially if you are a day visitor or ask you not to open your own food / coolers in the resort. It is strictly not allowed. We are a private hotel with a license and cannot permit bbq's or picnics from day visitors just looking to enjoy our pool and beach for free.
5 Booking policy. Once a booking is made, a payment is due immediately. Our policy is that we take an immediate 50% deposit which is non refundable. We cannot stress enough the need for holiday insurance to be taken at time of booking your trip. The remaining 50% is taken 60 days prior to arrival. If bookings are made 60 days within arrival we charge the full 100%. On Specials and last minute deals we take full payment at time of booking. Credit card payments incur a 4% surcharge. If the credit card declines we will notify you and you have 24 hours to provide alternative payment otherwise the booking may be cancelled.
6. There is no life guard on duty at the beach or pool. Please take care at all times as swell can be large and strong. Do not take kayaks or SUPs beyond the reef. We recommend life jackets for kayaks (available at reception). Surfing at the front is also only recommended for intermediate to advanced surfers.
6. Diving off the pool deck is strictly prohibited and is very dangerous. Please watch out for your children at the pool as we are sure they will be tempted to dive in!
7. Reception hours are 8am to 6.30pm. Please let us know if you are leaving early in the morning so you can settle your bill the night before after dinner or if you are arriving on a late flight so we can leave instructions and your keys so you can get to your bungalow. Late arrivals can be facilitated but we do need to know your ETA and we will leave instructions and keys if a member of staff is not there with simple directions to your bungalow.
8. Check in is 2pm. Check out is 11am. We recommend that you book the night before if you are arriving on the very early flight so you can get straight into your room and relax after travel. Sometimes early check in is possible for an extra fee but depends on availability ,so please let us know your flight details and requirements when you are planning your holiday.
9. We charge a 3.9% administration fee for all bookings and payments.
10.Breakfast is 7.30 am - 10.30am (please check if breakfast is included with your booking). Lunch is 12.00pm - 4.00pm. Dinner is 6pm until close with last orders at 9.00pm when busy and a little earlier during quiet periods. Our staff will advise you of any changes.
11. We do not have an airport shuttle. Taxi's are really easy from the airport and cost about $120 WST each way per vehicle. We can also arrange local taxi's easily from the resort for days out or airport journeys. It takes about 45 minutes to get to/from the airport. We highly recommend car hire as we are quite isolated (the nearest store is 6km) and cars can be dropped at the airport by the rental company which makes it even easier for you.
12. Wifi is not available at the hotel. It is available via purchasing a Bluesky Sim and a data package. The Bluesky kiosks are located at the airport or in Apia and data packages are great value and last up to 2 weeks. We cannot recommend this enough if you need to get online in Samoa!